Maintenance Team Member
Job Title: Maintenance Team Member
Job Location: Hostelling International Boston
Position Posted: 11/8/2013
Compensation: $11 per hour
Schedule: Must be available to work our two shifts (7am-3:30pm and 2:30-11pm)
Maintenance Team Members ensure our building is always in tip top shape. They help to satisfy guest needs through assisting with room calls, completing routine maintenance, looking after our grounds and helping with other safety and security tasks.
The right candidate for this position will have former maintenance experience, be task focused and be able to work unsupervised.
- Assure overall guest satisfaction by maintaining a well-functioning and attractive facility.
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance and upkeep of all equipment in the hostel.
- Maintain outdoor cleanliness and appearance of the hostel. This includes snow removal and ensuring a clean, safe walkway.
- Keep all building functions operating at peak performance by completing checklists as assigned.
- Ensure ongoing projects are completed in a timely manner (light bulbs, batteries, smoke detectors, emergency signage, etc.)
- Prepare daily work orders for completion.
- Communicate with housekeeping and the front desk when projects are completed and areas can be prepared and open to the public.
- Assist guests with basic questions or direct them to the front desk.
A schedule is posted by the department head or an assigned supervisor. It is imperative that you show up on time and ready to work for your scheduled shifts. There is also a mandatory monthly meetings.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- Minimum one year of Maintenance Training, Hostel or Hotel experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools, controls; to reach with hands and arms; to stand, walk, sit, stoop or crouch; to talk and to hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift /or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job included close and peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this position please submit a résumé and cover letter to employment.boston@Hiusa.org. Please make the subject line of your email “Maintenance Team Member”.