Housekeeping Team Member Position Description
Title: Housekeeping Team Member
Reports To: Housekeeping Supervisor, Housekeeping Manager
FLSA: Non-exempt, Part-time and full time positions
Date: July, 2013
- To ensure that all hostel spaces are neat and clean
- To assure excellent guest service
- To assist all hostel departments in working together
- Clean common spaces and or rooms as assigned
- Complete all assigned tasks as outlined on shift checklists
- Empty trash and recycling as necessary
- Follow HI-Q Standards and Procedures
- Inventory Daily Supplies
- Report any maintenance issues that come to your attention
- Assist maintenance staff in cleanup of hostel projects
- Coordinate any food and beverage presentations as necessary for breakfast, dinners or other special events
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner (15 min max.) and follow-up to ensure guest satisfaction
- Represent and promote the hostel and Hostelling International in a positive manner to guests, local officials, local residents, community media and the general public
- Attend mandatory monthly meetings and other training courses as directed
- Engage with guests and inquire about their stay
- Complete all other duties as assigned by management
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service and problem resolution skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Minimum (6) six months of hostel or hotel experience preferred
Skills / Qualifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools, controls; to reach with hands and arms; to stand, walk, sit, stoop or crouch; to talk and to hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift /or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job included close and peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.