Hostelling International USA is pleased to announce that its Summer 2017 Y.O.U.T.H. Travel Scholarships application is now available for nonprofits, schools and other youth-serving organizations in the Boston area. Y.O.U.T.H. stands for Youth Opportunities Unlimited Through Hostelling, which has come to reflect HI USA’s steadfast belief that travel through hostelling expands the horizons and possibilities for young people. Over the last 7 years, HI USA has awarded the scholarship to over twenty-five different youth-serving organizations in the Boston area, helping to positively transform the lives of hundreds of participants.
Our YOUTH Travel Scholarships program enables youth from underserved communities to experience another community and place far different from their own. In all locations, groups can take advantage of the rich history, environment, and cultural activities that Martha’s Vineyard, Hyannis and Truro have to offer. HI USA donates the overnights at participating hostels, subsidizes additional travel costs, and partners with local environmental and educational organizations in the Cape Cod area to provide affordable programming to selected groups.
Groups can apply to two unique experiences for Summer 2017 Travel:
- Sustainability & Conversation in Martha’s Vineyard
- Spirit of Service in Hyannis
- Community-based organizations serving youth ages 12-18 located in the Greater Boston area (groups not individuals).
- Project a clear relationship to your organization’s educational goals and curriculum, and the Scholarship Package.
- Group may not be larger than 20 participants, including leaders/chaperones.
- All groups must stay overnight at the hostel for at least two nights.
- Groups must be able to travel during the months of May, June or September.
- Create a plan for sharing travel experiences and travel impact with HI Boston and specific audiences within the community.
- Completion of two Trip Planning workshops with HI Boston.
- Complete and return electronic application (below).
The application closes Friday, March 15, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.